MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Another project

 This is #1 of three (all different fabrics of course!) tote bags that I'm making for adding to the Christmas box...


The pattern is THIS one and came entirely from my stash.

Two more are cut out and awaiting  delivery of some fusible fleece before I can go any further.

- If you have bottle caps you don't know what to do with, perhaps THIS project would be fun.

- With the heat we're experiencing this summer, maybe making yourself (or those you love) one of THESE would come in really handy.

- THIS would be a fun way to use interesting selvages.

Today's quote is from Winston Churchill..."Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen"




6 comments:

  1. I tried one of those hydrogel neckerchiefs year ago (bought, not made) when I was very active outdoors regardless of heat. It did feel cool when first tied on, because it was wet, but it also felt slimy, which was so unpleasant I only used it a few times. Now I wonder if others had a different experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the review Quinn - I kind of wondered if it would feel slimy so good to know that it does. I wonder if putting the 'gel' in an additional layer of fabric before putting the scarf together might take care of that problem....or maybe even encase it in a plastic ziploc bag??

      Delete
  2. Lovely bag! The fabric is perfect. The quote is sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my friend will like the fabric I used - pink is one of her favourite colours and she loves flowers.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope my friend will be happy with it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.