MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, February 14, 2022

Outhouses and socks

  


There's been some progress on the landscape project although I know it's pretty hard for you to see.  I have the sky (mostly) quilted, as well as the grass area.  For now, the tree is just pieces scattered on awaiting their final placement (hooray for glue sticks!).




Over the weekend I completed another pair of socks now happily adorning Resident Chef's feet.  I changed the 'recipe' I use for making socks and replaced the ribbed legs and foot tops with stockinette (although I did do 16 rows of rib at the top to help hold them up).  Remains to be seen if they're stretchy enough to suit the Chef  and if they're not I'll go back to my original pattern.  




I think the yarn is Regia, but of course I've
misplaced the ball band so can't say for sure.





- Although THIS is sort of a commercial site, the design made me smile so I hope you do too!

- Have a look through the gallery of THIS amazing artist.  

- THESE are really pretty and would be a great use for scraps.

- THIS is one of those things that would be handy for so many purposes.

Today's quote is from Charles M. Schulz...."All you need is love.  But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt"

.....and....a wee update to this post.  This morning my sweetie Resident Chef arrived in my sewing room doorway with this...


Handmade chocolate! 
(which he, of course, will help me eat)





22 comments:

  1. Well, that's a great valentine greeting! The socks are excellent. You definitely warrant chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I deserve chocolate too (but that's just my opinion!).

      Delete
  2. Photo please, of Resident Chef's feet being warmed by 'your' beautiful socks. =) How sweet, a Valentine's Day cake whipped up by your love; to you. I don't know what I would do without my trusty glue stick. Enjoy your cake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not a cake - it's a giant chocolate. He makes chocolates regularly so he just made a giant one.
      Hmmm - as for footies warmed by the socks, I'll see what I can do.

      Delete
  3. Great job on the grass in landscape. Looks so 3D. I'm waiting for the crescent moon on the door. Wonder what the story is behind that?
    Have always loved the comical look of the Shiny Happy World designs that look like they belong in a primary classroom. Hug Resident Chef as often as you can. It's great to have such a sweet Valentine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there will be a crescent moon on the outhouse, how could there not? Today I've been working on the borders which had to be done before I can do the treetop.

      Delete
  4. Happy Valentines Day!!!

    Love the giant chocolate.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - and happy Valentine's to you too. Must say I'm looking forward to taste-testing that chocolate!

      Delete
  5. I think I've missed some progress pictures on your quilt. It's looking great! And how sweet of your hubby! That looks really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't missed much Becki - what I've done has taken a couple of days but it's mostly just quilting and that doesn't really show in photos.
      And yes, the chocolate IS good.

      Delete
  6. What a fabulous valentine from the Resident Chef! I hope he liked his socks! I really like how the outhouse is looking. The background scenery is looking great! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he spoils me (and himself, because he knows he's going to help me eat it!). Yes, he liked the socks but hasn't worn them enough yet to give me a good review on the new method I used.

      Delete
  7. Your Resident Chef is a treasure!!! I love the outhouse, it's coming along well! As for the socks.. it's too hot here to think about socks, but you know I think you're clever :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think after 42 years I might keep him. No returns or exchanges on him!!
      Glad you like the outhouse - not everyone would.

      Delete
  8. Cool socks! I spent some time looking at the basket artist site. I have a plethora of things I could send to her. Things that I've been collecting without knowing exactly what I'd use them for but not wanting to add them to the trash..... just yet. Getting closer though. That chocolate looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Resident Chef is happy with his socks so I guess they're a success. Now I have two patterns I know are good so I can at least switch it up when I get bored.
      We do tend to save things that might be useful - and then wonder why we have too much!

      Delete
  9. How sweet of Resident Chef to make such a special chocolate treat for you. The outhouse is coming along very nicely. When I worked at the Chamber of Commerce in a very old historic building people would come in and ask for the restroom. When groups would head for it I would say, “It is only a one-holer” and they had no idea what I was saying. Hahaha…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours was only a one-holer too - kinda tricky when I was really little!

      Delete
  10. Great socks, I love the colour!
    What a very sweet treat, lucky you! Of course you had to share.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Resident Chef likes his new socks so I guess they're winners.
      And yes, lucky me!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.