MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, June 14, 2021

Crosses - of the fun kind

 I'm so much enjoying creating these little stitcheries for the advent calendars.  After a couple of years of deteriorating eyesight due to the cataracts I haven't been able to do any cross stitching and I've certainly missed it.  Here are the latest additions to the collection....


*****************************

A question for those of you who are in the know about these things....the question has arisen and my memory is such that I remember someone saying that there's some sort of printing service that will take your entire blog for a year and print it into a book form.  Does anybody know who/how/where that can be done??  Please comment if you do and I'll pass the information along.

**********************Today's quote is from Nido Qubein...."Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go, they merely determine where you start"

14 comments:

  1. I use Blog2Print (.com) and have for a decade to print my blog into yearly books. I haven’t done 2020 yet, but I’ve already decided that cover will be black. Anyway, we can talk if you need more info. lovely stitcheries!! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy - I'll pass that information along. I knew I'd read about someone publishing their blog and it must have been you.

      Delete
  2. Love your new cross-stitch tags. It's fast coming to light about the amount of land and sea dumped rubbish and dying sea animals. I saved a recipe from the first link too:-). What wee fun knitting - I'd need nimble fingers and good eyesight for that LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, good eyesight would be key to knitting that small - definitely not in my wheelhouse. We all need to be better stewards of our planet, for sure and I suspect it will be an uphill battle.

      Delete
  3. I have heard about blog printing services but I am not familiar with any of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have too (obviously) but didn't pay enough attention at the time and didn't retain the information.

      Delete
  4. One of my blogger friends has a book printed of her posts every year, but that's the extent of my information. Your little stitcheries are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - on both counts! I just thought I'd put it out there and see if anyone had any suggestions that I can pass along.

      Delete
  5. Back in 2016 I started to print our Bucket List trip I had posted in my blog with Blog2Print. I balked at the price & thought I'd comparison shop. Never did. Now some of the blog pictures have gone missing. So, the investment may be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what would happen to many of us if our blogs were to suddenly disappear - and you're right, the investment in printing them could very well be worthwhile in the long run.

      Delete
  6. I'm so excited with the idea of printing out my blogs! I'm going for this for sure - thanks to you and your readers above. Much appreciated.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wren - make sure you do some further research to see if this one is the best deal. Joy mentioned that Blog2Print was expensive, so maybe there's another option that's cheaper.

      Delete
  7. I love seeing the two variations of what you're stitching for Christmas.
    I've often thought about have books printed, but have yet to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each design will have two variations because these advents are for two brothers and I'd like them to be the same and yet different (if that makes sense!)

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.