We bought apples at the market and they were 'mushy', not crisp like we prefer....so.....applesauce happened, mainly because there's currently no freezer space available. The original recipe we used came from HERE. We made a few modifications though - we don't like using too much sugar in things so we lowered it to just a scant 1/2 cup and added 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon. Good idea to taste test before jarring to be sure the sugar and spice is to your liking. Closer to Christmas we might make some more to include with our gifts.
- THESE are fun and make a great gift.
- If you'd like to make some Christmas themed projects, how about THIS,
- THIS is a super handy chart for anyone who works with yarn!
- THIS is a fun post you might like to check out. Be sure to take note of what the pumpkin stems are made of....and... perhaps you might remember me taking part in a downsizing challenge earlier in the year (or was it last?). Becki was my inspiration then (still is!) and she's undertaking another 30-day downsize.
- THIS link leads to a number of really pretty fall quilt designs (thank you Judy for the heads up on this one!).
Today's quote..."If you can't think of a word say, 'I forget the English word for it.' That way people will think you're bilingual instead of an idiot" Personally I would replace 'idiot' with menopausal!