Yes, a finish, but not of my making! Resident Chef has been working on this jigsaw puzzle for nearly two months and there was a resounding cheer when he completed it over the weekend. It is THE hardest puzzle he has ever done, not because the picture itself is that difficult but the pieces themselves are all different shapes...every....single....one.....of.....them. He would search and search for a certain-shaped piece and then discover it was actually two, or sometimes even three. More than once he wanted to scuttle the entire thing but the end result was worth it....
He, being of diabolical mind, is now mailing it to my aunt for her to
struggle have fun with. I wonder if she'll still be speaking to him afterwards?!!
The weather finally warmed up over the weekend as well (fingers crossed it lasts!) and so he planted his 'garden' on the balcony. Cherry tomatoes, lettuce, chives, oregano and parsley and the hope of tracking down a basil plant on our next trip out. There's also a beautiful geranium that has already attracted a hummingbird. Now I want a hummer feeder!
- I thought there were some great recycling/decor ideas HERE.
- And THIS list is just for fun!
- HERE are some ideas for finishing bindings that might make your quilt look great.
- If you're searching for a fun crocheted edging for a blanket or afghan, have a peek at the ones found HERE.
- If your stash has a lonely skein of sock yarn lurking around and you're wondering what you might be able to make with it, have a look at the possibilities found HERE. Might be wise to pour a cuppa before you go!
Today's quote is from Bill Murray..."So, if we lie to the government it's a felony. But if they lie to us, it's politics"
Stay safe. Stay well.