There has been a teeny bit of progress on the latest barn but there hasn't been much in the way of studio time this week. Funny how life manages to intrude on creativity! Anyhow, here's a picture so you can see what did get done...
The eagle-eyed among you might also notice that I changed the tree line on the left somewhat.
- Go HERE to see Part 1 of a four-part series to create a Maple Cabin quilt, which is perfect for fall. Links are there for parts 2 - 4 as well.
- And if you go HERE you will find part one - of five - for an amazing tutorial to make yourself (or use as a gift!) a really beautiful hussif. So pretty - and so useful!
- Have a peek at the beautiful creations by THIS artist.
- I'm not a paper artist but for those of you who are, perhaps you might find THIS an interesting technique to use on paper ornaments.
- For those of you (notice I didn't use the word 'us'...ahem) that have a collection of buttons, perhaps making some of THESE Christmas ornaments would be a great plan.
Your quote..."A lie doesn't become truth, wrong doesn't become right, and evil doesn't become good just because it's accepted by the majority"
And the button ornament is a good tip.
The quote is right on, thanks for sharing, Mary Ann.
It's looking great Mary Anne. I like the additions that you have made and the treeline change is good. Great quote too.... and very relevant! Have a lovely weekend! Christine xxReplyDelete
Our Senators need to read your quote today. Great progress on the barnReplyDelete
Thank you for the paper artist link...Dipping in wax is a great idea!
You're welcome! I think adding the wax would make them a little less crushable - and add a nice 'feel' too.Delete
Love the quote! Liking the progress on the barn.ReplyDelete
My "eagle eyes" didn't notice the change. =) Your barn is looking great, as always, Mary Anne.ReplyDelete
Oh yes I know that problem of life getting in the way of things! Still your barn is coming along very nicely! I can't believe it's nearly Christmas! I did like the message put the tree up when you want - you're the boss, it made me smile, especially as I have carted a Christmas tree all around the world, moved it three times in Bangkok and never had a Christmas here yet! Maybe I should surprise Mr Wren and put it up tomorrow and get some use of it?!ReplyDelete
Why not? Put it up and enjoy it!Delete
I see you've also punched some holes in the barn walls. ;^) I love watching these quilt pictures progress.ReplyDelete
Yep - punching holes is fun!!Delete
It's nice to see the progress on the barn. More great links!ReplyDelete
I think it's great that you can change things as you go along and find what looks and works better. I've made those paper stars before but never waxed them. Thanks for the link. And I'm sorry I've been catching up because that quote is so relevant for things that have recently occurred.ReplyDelete