MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, October 15, 2018

A tad more


The past few days have led to precious little stitching time (or at least not as much as I'd hoped for), but there has been some progress on the latest barn.  It's been quilted and I'm in the process of adding some flower-y 'stuff' in the foreground, which will be a combination of embroidery and free motion stitching with the machine.  

I think you can click on it to embiggen it a little if you so desire.  I had hoped to have it finished to tote along this afternoon to the local quilt guild meeting for bring & brag but obviously I didn't make my deadline.  Oh well, there's always next month (unless of course it gets sold in the meantime!).


The quote today is from Mother Teresa..."I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples"




11 comments:

  1. I think it is fabulous Mary Anne! Can't wait to see it finished! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These barns are just getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! Oh1 I love that flowery stuff. BUT I LOVE that fence!! So cool. Yup, this is my favorite piece so far.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see the stems (or branches?) you've added. I look forward to seeing what blooms there. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Needs a lot more work in that area before I can call it done!

      Delete
    2. Another stunning piece of art and craftsmanship... You have outdone yourself on this one and you're not even finished yet... I absolutely love it, especially that old weathered wood - sigh.
      We had a terrible September, full of rain and grey but we're now finally seeing these same colours here and they are glorious - it's as if you grabbed a view from here and stitched it into perfection!

      Delete
  5. I am loving your progress on the barn, my friend. You do such beautiful work.

    I have several things cut out that are ready to be sewn for Christmas, but I confess that I have had no motivation to finish my projects....maybe today-HA! :) Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking good :) Thanks for the EPP link.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The added texture looks good, more progress!
    Say yes to the ripples!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the barn, looks so good with its quilting. Those pincushions were pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoy seeing your 'barn' progress. Nice job. Thanks for the links. Pincushion one looks interesting. Not much into paper piecing but lots of great patterns for the paper piecing lover.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.