The cover (above) has pictures of our grandson, son, and daughter-in-love. The back cover (below) is a Mr. Potato Head, waving goodbye. The pattern for him came from HERE.
The pages measure approximately 11" square which seems to be a good size overall. If you ever plan on making one of these books, I would recommend not trying to sew the spine with your sewing machine....not that I would know that the needle would snap and leave the sharp point lurking within the confines of the book...why, no, I wouldn't know that. I ended up hand stitching the spine using dental floss (and my handy dandy pair of pliers!).
Now a few mumblings...
- There's a pretty crocheted snowflake pattern HERE.
- Another really nice knitted hat pattern HERE and another one HERE that would be perfect for a teenager. And go HERE for some of the cutest kids hat patterns (most are free).
- And a pretty (and easy!) scarf HERE.
- For those of you that like simple classic clothing designs, how about this knitted sweater?
- For the sheer cuteness factor, THESE are such fun! Perfect for stocking stuffers perhaps?
- For those who don't knit or crochet (or want a little break to try something else) THESE would make fun Christmas gifts too.
- There's a cute crocheted angel ornament pattern HERE.
Those ought to keep you busy for a little while!
Today your quote is from Paul Gauguin...."I shut my eyes in order to see"