MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, October 27, 2016

You asked

Several people have asked that    I  share the recipe for the vanilla. Ask, and ye shall receive!

The basic ingredients  are pretty simple.  Vodka , vanilla beans and a bottle.  we decided to experiment  a little and we made some with bourbon  and spiced run too (so three different variations).

A trip to the dollar    store yielded perfect bottles.It's best to do a little looking around for the vanilla beans....we found a wide variety in  prices.... $11.99 in one place and the exact same thing elsewhere for $3.99.  You can also find them on the internet.  Cut 2 -3 vanilla  beans lengthwise and place in your chosen bottle.  Fill   with chosen  alcohol, and  cap.   Store   in a cool dark place and gently shake once a day.  Leave to mature for at least a month   (longer is better  !).

The bottles we used hold about a cup and a half of liquid  and two beans should be fine.  Obviously  if you are using larger bottles you will  need  to  add more beans.

As for the poo spray.....experiments are underway and I'll share that one after I get it the way I want it.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you so very much, Mary Anne, what a great idea. Without wanting to seem pushy, I would love to see a pic of this delicious vanilla on your blog, if that is not too much trouble. Thanks, Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  2. A two-ingredient recipe is right up my street! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum for the Vanilla Flavoring. Your recipes sound delicious. Thank you for sharing.
    As for the Poo Spray...I haven't gotten to talk to my daughter yet. I did research and see two different methods/recipes. Using glass spray bottles, the carrier is 1 tbsp alcohol mixed with drops of essential oils and then fill remainder of bottle with distilled water.

    Or...Using Fractionated Coconut Oil...I have no idea of the recipe.

    Sorry for not having a better recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing! I saw a recipe to make vanilla extract on a blog last year and was intrigued. I may have to try making some this year.

    In the past, I found purchasing our vanilla beans at Costco to be far more economical than the price at our local grocery stores.

    I do hope your computer is repaired for you soon! (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an easy thing to make. They would be a unique gift for sure. You're a genius!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome! Thank you for sharing.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks again for the recipe Mary Anne. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.