MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Oh my aching.....

.....feel free to insert whatever  bone or muscle of your choosing.

The floors  are pretty much done other than a bit of trim and some caulking  in  the  bathroom.  And I'm pretty much  done in!  Jack and I had a decent system...I parked myself on the floor and stayed there doing the laying of the tiles and grouting  and Jack did the cutting and acted as a good go-fer.  My knees aren't good so it was much easier to just stay put...altho  I did end up with a bruised butt cheek   (I know...,too much information!).

I took a couple of pictures  so you can see (and  no....NOT of my aforementioned  bruise...this is not an X rated blog!).


The picture quality  isn't great  but still don't have my main computer  back from repairs.

I haven't  forgotten  your quotes of the day  but it's  a tad difficult  to do with the tablet.  I promise they will return!

17 comments:

  1. Well done Mary Anne! The flooring looks great! You'll have to have a nice long soak in the tub with some relaxing bath bubbles to ease the aching joints! Don't over do it!! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That kind of work is lovely when it's done, and you resolve that you won't do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love these tiles Mary Anne.They are very stylish and will go with anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't renos a joy! We are into that too. Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good! Hope you recover fast. I agree with Christine, a hot bath would ease the aches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent job! My hat is off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have done a wonderful job, but poor you, having to do it! II hope you are recovering from all the aches now!
    Hugs, Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Terry and I work well together like that. We used to get so much done. Now he says the two of us make the one of him he used to be. I say that's just growing old together. Yes, my knees aren't too good anymore too. Makes it really hard to get up. I have taken to sitting on a low to the floor step stool when I have to work on the floor or ground. (I always wash the kitchen floor on my hands and knees...now hands and stool.

    You have me thinking that we need new carpet on the tub part of the bathroom. I'm going shopping for it on the next rainy day.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Impressive! Like you, life has lead me away from blogging recently so it's been lovely to have had the time to catch up. Congratulations your new grandson, he looks a poppet and worth a mega drive across Canada for! Who knew you were such a dab hand as a tradie?! Way to go!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking good! It's hard work to lay tiles, we did our house too and my job was to do the grouting!
    Hope you have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great achievement. I'm happy with just getting down and crawling back up.
    Nothing better than a job well done and looking at it anew for a few days.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent job! This tile looks wonderful and you will love your floor. It is a lot of work but so worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. They look great. I really like them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The floors look great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did an excellent job on the floor! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  16. looking good!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Id say you've cracked the floor laying skill!
    Looks smashing : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.