MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, September 03, 2015

Slow progression

There has been some stitching on my fall crazy quilt and here you can see what I managed to do yesterday....


I really love working with waste canvas (which I'm sure you have figured out by now!) and this was a great tree to create using that technique.  It was 'interesting' getting the threads removed - I think because the stitches were in all different directions.  My post tomorrow will show you what I did next with my tree.

Today the quote is from Jane Logan..... "When you're stressed is when you most need to look for all the ways that you're blessed"

 

7 comments:

  1. Did you hang decorations on it? .... hmmm...how 'bout making it an Easter tree....with eggs........

    ReplyDelete
  2. MA...for the life of me I cannot find your email addy......can you drop me a line
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I really can relate to this quote today. I have never worked with waste canvas. Your tree looks very intricate and amazing and I can understand why it was difficult to remove waste canvas threads. Creative Stitching Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great progress, I like to use waste canvas too, very handy with good results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Mary Anne! Your tree is already looking lovely.... looking forward to seeing what you do next! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am entranced by stitched trees. I keep saving pictures of them for future projects. The one that Mary Corbet showed in split stitch grabbed my attention. I can't wait to see your post tomorrow!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. karen4:34 AM

    I am also a big fan of waste canvas....where would we be without it...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.