Yesterday I did another little section on my fall block and it was in the effort to camouflage (at least somewhat) the long seam I had running down the block. That seam was my own fault for not paying enough attention to my piecing process. Anyhoo....
The offending seam is the one that's beneath the owl and extends pretty much the entire height of the block. Not good. So.....the owl was stitched to break up that seam and then I added the curving vine with the purple flowers. Both of those things take the eye away from the seam itself. The eagle-eyed among you may have noted the demise of one of the bees (there were three). I felt the overall look of the vine was more important than the third bee. I also changed the orange flower on the right to have more of a 'presence' by adding the orange button in the center...another fool-the-eye into overlooking the long seam trick.
Obviously this block is a number of small lessons in what not to do!!
Today is another anonymous quote... "Calories - Tiny creatures that live in your closet and sew your clothes a little bit tighter every night"