MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, July 18, 2014

Thank you and be prepared!

Firstly, thank you for all the suggestions that you had for my question about a source (and size) for the ribbing I want to put on baby bibs.  I know I could simply knit my own, but I had envisioned the type of ribbing that you find around the necklines (and often the cuffs) of sweatshirts.  That wouldn't be as scratchy for a baby as something that is hand knitted might.  I'm also looking for something with lots of stretch to go over a babies head with ease.  I love the suggestion that I simply go to the thrift store and purchase pre-made baby pullovers and 'source' my ribbing from those.  Never thought of that and I should have because thrift stores are my favourite places to shop!

Never let it be said that I'm not moving into the current century, albeit kicking and screaming all the way.  I've been seeing the current phenomenon of taking 'selfies' all over the place, so yesterday (during a fit of boredom) I decided to give it a whirl.  Out of at least a dozen pictures, there was only one that might be fit to be seen.  Here 'tis, and hopefully it won't do any damage to your computers!!....

(double chins and all!)

DH had his knee surgery yesterday and all went well.  He's enthroned in his favourite chair, with lots of books and the tv remote in hand and is already announcing that he's bored.  Hopefully in a few days he will be able to motor around and not be confined.  Poor man....he has to eat my cooking, so if he knows what's good for him, he'll heal fast!!

Today the quote is from Leo Buscaglia.... "Life is a great and wondrous mystery, and the only thing we know that we have for sure is what is right here right now.  Don't miss it"

7 comments:

  1. HA! You sound like me! I tried to take a selfie and after a dozen tries I absolutely gave up the idea. Now if I need a new pic I ask Brandi, my grandson's girlfriend to take a pic of me. Either she's really good or her phone does a great job.

    Since I have never seen you in person, I can't tell if you did good, but your pic looks great to me!!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your pixie hair cut .. very cute. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hello...nice to see you MA.
    I expect the word "selfie" has already made it into the dictionary...what next me wonders LOL

    Best wishes to your husband and to 'the nurse'

    Happy Weekend
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that selfie! DH is bored.....give him a CQ lesson and get him to stitchin'! Another thing to shop for at the thrift store!!!!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh you techno-girl!! The bib idea sounds good and it looks like you got some good feedback there.
    Hope hubbys knee mends quickly, for both your sakes lolol

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to go back and actually read your post (shame on me) , because I got so excited when I read that you were looking for ribbing. I have a boxful of a wide variety that I would be happy to give you. Fancy, plain, boy, girl, a lot of colors. Write me, ok??

    That said, I love your photo. I, too, have multiple chins (who over 50 doesn't?). I think a camera angle from above - looking up a bit into the camera- might be more flattering, but haven't tried that yet myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh hello!!! It doesn't look like you? Have you checked it's really you? very glam! hope DH recovers quickly.....nurse him gently.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.