MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, March 14, 2014

Knitting for babies

It's so much fun to be expecting a 
grandbaby!

See?


The little sweater is the 
"Room to Grow Baby Sweater' 
designed by Laura Marconi-Cox
and can be found on Ravelry.

The book is the one that both of our boys absolutely ADORED when they were little.  The parents?  Not so much....after having read it to them at least a couple of gazillion times its charm tended to wear a little thin!  It will be fun to see if our wee one will find it to be as wonderful.

The quote of the day....   "It is never too late to be what you might have been"  - George Eliot  



6 comments:

  1. Ooh how fun to be making gifts for your grandbaby-to-be. I'm having fun watching your excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely little sweater! I bet there's love in every stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are going to be a Grandma? Ohhh lucky you, and what a cute little sweater. I especially like the owl buttons.
    We used to read the Dr Seuss books to our daughter too, over and over and over :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sweater...I can just imagine how cute that spoiled baby is going to look in it! I would imagine you will be reading that book numerous times again.
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smashing little sweater!
    Whens baby due did you say?

    ReplyDelete
  6. baby talk....this is going to be one cherished little boy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.