MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

TAST - Weeks 37, 38 & 39

You'll have to click on the picture to enlarge it to see the details this time...my camera needs to be recharged.

These three examples have me caught up with the TAST challenge. Week 37 was the Rice Stitch with an additional variation of the Boss Stitch. I really liked these two and can see them being used many times in my work.


Week 38 was the Knotted Buttonhole, which I'm not sure about. I had a difficult time getting the tension even, so that's probably why I wasn't so happy with it. Obviously I need to practice more!!


Week 39 is the Reversed Buttonhole Bar, which you can see on the right in the picture. The top (in blue) was worked with a fine pearl cotton and obviously didn't work too well. I switched to a heavier weight for the upper pink row and am pleased with it. The bottom pink row shows two rows together, which is even nicer. I like this stitch!


Thanks again Sharon for teaching us these stitches. http://sharonb.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.