MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, April 20, 2018

One step forward - (you know the rest)


Sometimes even I am astounded at my ability to do something stupid.  You're think, after all these years, I wouldn't be surprised at myself.  Anyhoo....a couple of progress pictures on the house...


I know, from this, that you can't probably see what I've done.  It wasn't until I started adding the embroidery details that I realized.  Perhaps this will show what I did?...

No?  You mean you can't see it?  Well, I guess that means that maybe my 'fix' worked.  (if you can't figure it out, count how many grey 'blobs' there are under the verandah roof in the first picture....and then how many there are in the second picture.  I thought (ahem) that artistic license meant that I could simply add a window where there isn't one.  Worse....I added that window in the corner of the wall where anyone with half a brain would know that a window wouldn't fit.  Sigh.  Ah well, hopefully I've camouflaged it and no one will notice.

There now, never let it be said that I'm afraid to show you everything, warts and all!!


Today I don't have a quote per se, but thought I'd share this little 'funny' instead...(author unknown)....



8 comments:

  1. Very pretty, I wouldn't have noticed the mistake, very well camouflaged now as well.
    I had to burst out laughing at the facebook quote, it's great!
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Senior's Version of Facebook is so funny!!
    I shared that with my husband, he's going to pass that one on.
    Your piece is looking good.
    The windows under the porch would look nice if their tops all slanted down slightly to the right as the porch
    over hang is starting to do.
    but put a wisteria vine in there and it'll be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous7:06 PM

    Hi Maryanne your house is looking awesome and great fix my friend you can't tell,welll done xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great I couldn’t figure out what you were referring to till you told. Checked out that Russian stumpwork embroidery site recognized the white one as a design from a Jane Nicklace book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could not see the error until you pointed it out. But this piece is coming along so wonderfully!! Some great links today too. I fell in love with the shawl until I saw "knitted". I really wish I had perfected my knitting when I was younger. I just LOVED the FB story. I will NEVER understand the need to tell everyone in the world cryptic bits of what people are feeling at the moment they post. I am there for the stitching and have deleting ALL family. Tell me to my face or forget it!

    have a great weekend. 60s and some sun here until Tuesday.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's trickier when you are working on a specific building, isn't it? Instead of one where you can "improve" at will. I'm finding something similar when I draw or paint from a photograph.
    I think your creation is coming along beautifully, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maryanne your house is looking awesome and great fix my friend you can't tell,welll done xx

    เกมส์สล็อต

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your house is looking great, Mary Anne! You’ve dealt with the “window” really cleverly.
    Laughed so much at the Facebook for seniors!
    Hugs,
    Barbara xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.