MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, January 22, 2018

Progress and a duh moment

You know, sometimes my stupidity exceeds even my own expectations of myself!  I have been muttering for at least a couple of years (yah, I know...these things take time) about the fact that my categories in my blog sidebar weren't easy to sort through.  Other people had them in alphabetical order on their blogs and I wanted the same for mine.  Having them all jumbled up in order of the number of posts that had each label just wasn't doing it for me.  So....I actually attempted to DO something about it and went into my settings and lo and behold (!!) all I had to do was push a teeny tiny little button and it was fixed.  Now, tell me, WHY didn't I figure that out sooner??!!!!!!!!!!  See the first sentence in this post for further explanation!

Over the weekend I spent some time working on the latest CQ project and completed a few more seams...


AND, folks, now that I have fixed my sidebar issues, you can easily find, and click on, my seam treatment patterns and have fun making them yourselves!  


Another of the anonymous quotes..."We live on a blue planet that circles around a ball of fire next to a moon that moves the sea, and you don't believe in miracles?"


14 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:29 PM

    Hi Karen glad you got your settings worked out and thankyou for the links my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Tis funny how quite the obvious escapes us, isn't it. More lovely stitches, Mary Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 'duh' moments like that too! That scarf looks interesting. I've book marked it. Thanks for the other links too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha! Made me laugh out loud! I am JUST re-doing my blog and I really like your sidebars. Hmmmm . . . not sure I can duplicate that with mine but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Considering that I don't even have a label directory set up on my blog, I don't quite understand why you are criticizing yourself! I was looking for one of my blog posts last night and spent way too much time trying to find it. I think I will have to sort out how to have a label directory!! I have printed the reading challenge, although I don't know if any of my reading will fit into the list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely black seam treatments dear. You do so many layers to your seam treatments. That little baby snow owl is precious. A miracle indeed! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a teeny tiny button - yeah, when I push them it usually doesn't work out so well. Love the snow owl and the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gee, I hate messing with settings. I messed up the setting on my Gmail and can't figure out how to get it back to what it was. Besides, it just takes too much time to figure it out. Lovely seams today!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea for organizing your posts. Thank you for sharing that. I'll have to try it on my blog and see what it looks like. Your seam treatments are just beautiful. Watching this project with great interest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good progress on your embroidered seams.
    And that crocheted owl is so cute, the picture of her daughter holding the
    hedgehog and owl is adorable.
    Cute fix!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm like that too - not sure what the mental block is, but once I decide to deal with something I think will be difficult I usually find it turns out to be pretty simple... Your seam treatments are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes just the idea of making a change to the blog layout is intimidating. I'm so glad it was an easy change for you to make! I've been scrolling through your posts and enjoying your lovely seamwork. Beautiful. (And, I am afraid I spent WAY too much time looking through the free crochet patterns. My mom gave me a set of hooks for Christmas 2 years ago and I really should learn... Several of those patterns are now saved to a Pinterest board for easy reference. Thanks for the link!) I think this quote is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  13. the drama of the black stitching on these vibrant colours is stunning Mary Anne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely black stitching on the seam? Sounds interesting and as always, the links you share are action related inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.