MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Accolades and mumblings


I don't often do any sort of company review here, but after having received some exemplary assistance from one such company I thought it would be nice to share so those of us who live in Canada are aware that there are good ones out there.  I recently placed an order for some yarn from 'Yarn Canada' and was impressed with their prompt service.  I started knitting the sweater I had planned and quickly realized that it was going to be too small and I would need to frog it and make a larger size.  Of course that meant that I would run out of yarn before I ran out of pattern.  I emailed the company and asked if there was ANY chance they could check their supply to see if they would happen to have any left of the same dye lot.  I didn't hold out a lot of hope, but a lovely person named 'Gina' promptly emailed me and said she would see what they could do.  A further email from her (within 24 hrs) let me know that indeed they did have that dye lot and told me what to do in order to be sure it was the one they shipped.  These days good customer service isn't always forthcoming and so I thought it was fitting to give them a shout out here and let folks know that they're a great company! 
*************
***************
I'd like to wish a very happy Thanksgiving to my friends in the US - they are celebrating today whereas here in Canada ours was in October.  
**************
And finally, your quote of the day comes from Zig Ziglar...."The greatest source of happiness is the ability to be grateful at all times"




6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the mumblings today. Love what she does with the books. So not taking the dare on that hat tho'😀. Ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found the yarn company to be so helpful, that's noteworthy!
    Thanks for the tips, fun ideas.
    The tatted Christmas wreath is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to hear the yarn company was so helpful. It's great they have such a good employee. Great links. And no, that hat is not for me. I do remember using rollers such as those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent customer service is always a wonderful. How fortuitous you found the same dye lot. LOVE Susie's blog; so much beauty to be seen there. LOVE the book angel! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi MA
    How are you? Seems e erything has changed since I was here last!
    I must take some time and look around,
    I had a crumby summer imitating a slug! Haha!
    I’m feeling better now and my brain is working again! Thank heavens,
    I have decided to take part in a studio tour in May, 2018, so I have to gat busy so I’ll have things to sell!
    I will try to get back blogging as it was a lot of fun
    Facebook has kinda taken my time
    Best wishes from my house you yours
    Hugs
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, yay! I am so glad you experienced some wonderful customer service AND found the yarn you needed. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.