MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Now....what do you suppose.....

.....I'm up to now???


Well, you'll just have to wait and see!

Yesterday I posted pictures of the latest barn project and I can tell you now that I'm not happy with it.  And I do have a reason for that.  The barn itself, although it's the right shape and overall look for what I wanted,  the colour of it isn't.  I want fabric that's the colour of old weathered barnboard - the grey old look.  This one simply didn't do it for me.  The search is on for appropriately coloured (& preferably with a textured look that works) fabric and it's proving to be much harder than I thought it would be.  I don't mind adding some paint to make it look 'right' but I need to have a good base.  And I know someone is going to suggest I simply paint it from scratch and that's not something I can do - my creative genes don't lend themselves to that amount of 'art'.  And I know I 'could' dye some, but that's decidedly frowned upon....using communal washing machines in an apartment building for that sort of endeavor is a no-no....b'sides dye would just give one overall colour and not the look of texture that I'm wanting.  I know - I want too much, don't I!! 

Today, instead of a quote, how about a little laugh...




3 comments:

  1. I like your 'old barn', don't give up, some experimenting and trying out will probably get you closer to what you are looking for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the barn, so real, and if not the grey you wanted, that still has a weathered look. Trees and shrubs are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For sure, your barn is a great stretch of your creative zone and support quilters going off down the road less travelled. I can say that little pile of lovely colors looks a wee bit crazy??

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.