Today we're off to visit our #1 son and his family so there will be no stitching. I know - hard choice, right? So....because I haven't done anything over the weekend that is worthy of showing you a photo, there are a few things I've come across that you might find interesting....
- Some of you might be planning to play along with the Crazy Quilt Quarterly's 'Swap Your Mini's - ATC's Crazy Quilt Style' and my friend Renee has posted three tutorials on making crazy quilted atc's. Go HERE for part one which shows you how to create the background; HERE for part two which talks about embellishing; and HERE for part three for how to finish your atc. It doesn't matter even if you're not wanting to create atc's, the tutorials are wonderful for any type of crazy quilting. Thank you to Renee for all the time it took to create these! And if you don't know what the 'Swap Your Mini's - ATC's Crazy Quilt Style' swap is all about, have a look at Pam's announcement post
HERE. If you want further information please don't hesitate to let me know!
- THIS is a really cute baby sweater pattern - comes in varying sizes.
- If you like mandalas how about making one of THESE? Or THIS? Or perhaps some of THESE for Christmas gifting? Or how about THIS one? THESE would make nice gifts too! Oooh - I'd love one of THESE in my living room (different colours, of course!). THIS is pretty too. Do you remember our mothers/grandmothers having THESE pillows??
- Have a look at the embroideries HERE. The artist has great control with her free motion stitching (be sure to scroll down!).
- If you, like me, are often at a loss as to how you might wear a shawl, perhaps you might find THIS useful.
- If you like to decorate for fall perhaps you'd like to check out your stash and make one (or several) of THESE. I would embiggen the pattern and make placemats I think.
- There's a really nice tutorial HERE to make a lovely pencil case (which would make an even better case for hand sewing supplies!). A nice gift for your sewing friends perhaps?