MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Mailmen can be wonderful!


Just have a look at what has arrived in my mailbox.....


What an amazing treasure trove of 
luscious handmade laces!!

I can't begin to thank my friend Pam Kellogg enough
for sharing what she scored at a flea market near
where she lives.  
I'm a lucky lucky girl!!

Today's quote is from David Viscott.... "To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides" 







12 comments:

janie krig said...

Oh, MA, those laces are fabulous indeed. Do have fun!!!

Kim said...

Oooh these laces are gorgeous. I look forward to seeing what you make with them. You are a lucky gal!!

Vicki W said...

That's a lovely package of treats!

Mosaic Magpie said...

A beautiful, thoughtful gift!
xo,
Deb

Christine Barnsley said...

Hello Mary Anne! Have fun with your new lace! :) xx

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Pam is a doll. So nice that Pam shared with you. I am a sucker for ecru laces. I never find good stuff at our local thrift shops or garage sales. I think I'll look harder.

Mary Ann said...

Wow...not too jealous:)

Renee said...

Wow! These are gorgeous!

~*~Patty S said...

Oh what a great friend indeed MA. Those laces are amazing!
Something very odd is going on...I am t
I cannot see any letters while I am typing this to you...the cursor is moving but the comment block is blank!
So I will hit enter and hope that something appears.
VERY curious indeed!
oxo

liniecat said...

Oh wow - what bounty!!
Enjoy lol

shirley said...

What a love gift to receive. some look like they came out of my lace box. Love yours.

karen said...

I'm still drooling from seeing this on flickr....