MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

A project....and going....

My computer is going to be headed for the doctor for a few days so I will be offline til it's fixed and updated and otherwise monkeyed about with.  I feel withdrawal pains already and it's not even gone!  Whatever will you people get up to while I'm gone? 

In the meantime, I will leave you with a couple
of pictures of what I'll be working on...



It will be a needle roll of sorts when it gets finished and currently measures approx. 4 x 34".  The picture on the left shows the two ends.


This is the middle area.  I have already embroidered 'needles' onto it and will be
adding more embellishments as I go along.  

This will (hopefully) be one of the pieces that will be going along when I do the trunk show, provided I get it done in time.

Today's quote (from Carl Sandburg)
"The past is a bucket of ashes, so live not
in your yesterdays, nor just for tomorrow, but in the here
and now."


4 comments:

  1. Love the needle cases! Will you need a 12 step program while the computer is gone???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I like the looks of that needle roll! Very rich with all the lace bits and pieces. Have fun while computer is in getting fixed. You might not even notice it's gone.......Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just lovely Mary Anne. Good idea for using our whitework. I love the combination of he ecru and white.

    Hugs
    FredaB

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure the trunk show will be a success. My friend Judy belongs to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.