MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

A dose of mumbling...

Today I finished stitching the latest purse but haven't had a chance to take any photos so you will have to wait until tomorrow.  In the meantime....mumblings are in order.....

1.  Debra Spincic has come up with a fantastic recyling idea for the myriad of tote bags we seem to end up with.  I can see some denim reduction in my future!!  Thanks Debra!  Go HERE to see.

2.  Many of you are familiar with Shawkl (Kathy Shaw)...she is one of the generous souls on the internet and shares her designs freely with us all.  Well, her sewing machines have both up and given up the mortal coil at the same time and she's asking for help to purchase a new one.  I normally wouldn't put something like this on my blog, but Kathy is a person who would help anyone she could and so I thought I'd pass the information on to you.  Go HERE to find out more and why Kathy needs our help.

3.  I don't know what category this falls under other than a gigantic YEWWWWW, but have you heard that libraries are having huge problems with bed bugs?  I guess borrowers who have the little critters in their homes are donating them to libraries in huge numbers...totally without knowing.  The bugs like the glue used in bookmaking and are becoming a nuisance.  What next?  I have always been a huge library user and LOVE books of the 'real' sort...you know, the ones you can hold in your hand and turn pages.  Hearing this makes me look a little more seriously at one of those e-readers!  Bookish bed begs....who knew??....and yewwwwww!!

4.  Before I forget, I want to extend a huge thank-you to everyone who sent me their ideas about what I should do with my embroidery class I'm teaching.  I think I have a plan now (I hope).  I truly appreciate the thought that went into your comments and thank you for taking the time to give me your thoughts.  You're all great!! 

3 comments:

Boud said...

Well, there are bugs in electronic books too....the electronic kind.

dogonart said...

I feel itchy.

Suztats said...

1-thanks for sharing
2-can't help- my machine is soooo old
3-gross!