MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, May 27, 2022

Yet another does of mumblings

 I really don't understand how days can go by and I have absolutely nothing to show for it.  It seems I'm busy all the time but doing what?  Certainly nothing worth showing to you!!  Spending altogether too many hours trying to research birthday gift ideas for our soon-to-be-8-year old grandie and hours trying to tell my computer printer that yes, I really DO want to print pictures and that I'm not happy with it gobbling up nearly $80 worth of ink and only printing 27 pictures.  What's up with that?  It's had yet another influx of ink and still not printing correctly despite having had a good cleaning and alignment.  Argh.  Oh, and I won't mention the fact that we had to haul in all our balcony furniture and plants so they could paint the balcony railing which in turn led to us getting  a floor mat to cover the unsightly cement floor out there.  How does one show pictures of any of that?  

Knitting?  Well, I'm making dish scrubbies which are simply 4" squares out of nylon yarn.  B-o-r-i-n-g.  
Crocheting?  Nada.
Cross Stitching?  Some done on one of the little houses but nothing worth showing you.
Landscape?  Stuck in place on the latest one and don't know what I need to do next.  Maybe I should call it done??
Watching grass grow?  Yep, lots of that.....

- The creations of THIS artist are rather fun to see.

- And THIS one too!

- If you happen to have any interest in needle felting (or felting of any form) have a scroll through the inspiration found HERE.

Today's quote..."What is strength?  Strength is forgiving people that don't even feel sorry for their actions.  Strength is putting a smile on your face when you want to cry a river.  Strength is not hurting those who hurt you.  Strength is forgiving others"







12 comments:

  1. I think quite a few of us are in a bit of a slough of despond at the moment, with the news. You're also in the post trip period, usually a bit of a downer. This too shall pass. You'll feel better after you've thrown your printer over the balcony.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah - with my luck somebody would be walking beneath and sue me!

      Delete
  2. Re-entry after being away always makes it difficult to "resume" where you were --or in my case for that matter--what the heck I was doing! Or thought I was going to do!!
    That's also why I find it so hard to "finish" my projects hanging in my "closet of shame"--Now, what had I panned to for that????? ;(((
    So enjoy this upcoming holiday long weekend easing your way back --or ummm... even starting a new project hahaha--
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 'Closet of shame' - I love that! My current landscape has me somewhat stumped and I can't quite decide what to do with it next.

      Delete
  3. Been going through a down phase here as well, and I really don't know why...... Though I think a great deal has to do with not being able to sit outside because it is either raining, snowing, or just too cold. You will get back in the swing of things very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather certainly hasn't helped. It's now supposed to be really hot in the next few days. Just hope it doesn't trigger another storm!

      Delete
  4. Hope things pick up again soon Mary Anne. I'm sure that tomorrow will bring something brighter! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to move on with the current landscape and get started on something new. Hopefully this week!

      Delete
  5. We can fill our days with little necessities and still feel we haven't accomplished much when we don't do the things that make us most happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spinning my wheels seems to be the norm at the moment. There are things getting done but nothing that's remotely worth posting about.

      Delete
  6. That sounds like my day today! Although I did get some stitching done and cleaned some of the floors, oh joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all have days like that, but it bugs me when it seems to go on for days on end.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.