MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, May 04, 2022

Flying away!

 This will be my last blog post for a couple of weeks because tomorrow we're heading out to visit our #2 son and his family.  I don't know how much time I'll have to visit you all but I will try to keep up, but don't be surprised if I'm not commenting.  Not sure how well my aging tablet will cooperate for such things.  


Neither of us is relishing the angst of dealing with airports and flights but how else will we get to see our kids - there's three little grandies out there that are most deserving of grandparent-ly cuddling and story reading.  Having to be masked for what will probably end up being more than ten hours for a person (me) who is highly claustrophobic is going to be SUCH a delight, but it is what it is.  We're hearing on the news that there are currently large delays in the check in process at airports due to lack of staffing (they have the same issues as are happening everywhere else) so that means we'll have to get to the airport at least two hours earlier than we'd planned - which means 4 hours ahead of time - and no guarantees even then of making the flight in time.  

So....we might be going - and we might miss the flight through no fault of our own.  Not the LEAST bit stressful!!!  


Image by Steve Kelley 
(Washington Post)

We, all going well, should be home again on the 17th.  So, in the meantime, play amongst yourselves and remember to be nice.



22 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip and let us know how the doll goes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll enjoy ourselves once we get there - provided we can get through all the issues at the airport.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous9:54 AM

    Safe travels! Hope it all goes smoothly. Enjoy your visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - we'll enjoy it once we get there.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous11:05 AM

    How wonderful that you are finally getting out to see the kiddos! Safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're looking forward to being out there but not the effort to get there

      Delete
  4. I really am not anonymous. It is just Google messing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - this new method of commenting is a pain. There's a spot above where you type your comment that you can leave your info (but I guess you figured that out already!)

      Delete
  5. I hope your flights are uneventful and smooth and that you have a great time with your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're just concerned about the massive lineups currently at the airports due to staff shortages so we'll hope for the best. Can't wait to hug our family.

      Delete
  6. Anonymous1:40 PM

    Safe travels, MA & Resident Chef; and if the problems at the airport seem too much, just chill ... and know that it won't be long before you have some snuggles. Will you be allowed to sew on the flight? Or are the sewing needles and scissors banned - so many rules and regulations ! :-) Looking forward to hearing all about the trip. Stay safe and stay well.
    Val (UK)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not going to chance taking anything like needles (sewing OR knitting), just in case. We travel with only carry on luggage so they could be confiscated. If they are in checked luggage I think they're allowed. We've only flown a few times and we're always packed in like sardines so there's no room to even begin to think about stitching.

      Delete
  7. Best of luck on your travels--hope all goes well for your flight...emjoyyour grandbabes...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julierose - can't wait to see our family and that will make all the angst of getting to and from worthwhile.

      Delete
  8. How exciting! I hope all goes well with the airport/flights. You are both going to have the best time visiting your family. Finally, you can give them all those overdue hugs in person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully by this time tomorrow we'll be in the air and on our way. Can't wait to do those very overdue hugs, many times over.

      Delete
  9. Hope you catch your flight OK! Have a super time. 😁🙋‍♀️
    Barbara aka Flashinscissors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - hope the flight is uneventful. All worth it to see our kids!

      Delete
  10. Hi MA, I hope you have a wonderful trip and visit with your children and grands. I wish for you short lines at the airport and smooth flights.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoy your trip.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you're having a grand old time. Much too soon, you will be back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I missed this post before Mary Anne but I realised that I hadn't seen anything from you for a while and I checked back to find it. I assume from the radio silence that you made the flight and you are probably on your way home again now! Anyway, I wish you the most wonderful time! Enjoy all those cuddles!! Hugs Christine xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.