A couple of you have wondered how I come up with ideas of what to add/do with a project and quite honestly there is no real answer to that. I spend a lot of time staring at it and finally I just dive in and hope for the best. Doesn't always work, as you've often seen already!!
In the case of this landscape, you have noticed that I haven't been happy with the grass area on the lower right, feeling that it was too much 'out there'. I was happy with the colour, but just not the depth of colour (if that makes any sense). I added two layers of off-white tulle which helped but not enough....so added another layer. To my mind, it's still too much. I use my 'fancy' stitches on PMS Albatross in varying shades of green to stitch the grass so in the case of the offending area I will use a lighter color of thread in the hopes that it will tone it down. Stitching closely together should (in theory) help with that too. I also plan to add some embroidered flowers in that area which will also help to take the eye away from the background somewhat. I think. Maybe. Or...maybe not??
Gosh, I wish I knew what I was doing!!!
- THIS tutorial might be something you will find useful if your patio cushions are looking a little tired.
- Have a peek at the amazing embroideries done by THIS artist!!
- There's an interesting how-to for eco printing on silk HERE. While you're there, be sure to explore all her other great ideas for up-cycling.
- And thread painting by THIS amazing artist! I simply can't imagine the time it must take!
- Have a look through the portfolio galleries of THIS amazing fabric artist!
Another anonymous quote for you..."Don't stress the could haves. If it should have, it would have"