Someone wanted to see this after it was framed so here it is (mainly because I still don't have anything else to share!)....
It's really hard to get a photo of something that's behind glass because there is always a reflection. I took half a dozen pictures and when I downloaded them I had to laugh because the glare on this one looks as though the headlight is on!! I chose not to mat this for two reasons - 1. I got this frame for nothing and I didn't want to fork over the bucks for a larger one, and 2. trying to mat something that's relatively thick is really difficult, unless you opt to go for a shadow box effect. Nice, but costly!! If the new owners want to re-frame it, they are welcome to do so, but in the meantime this will have to do. I rather wish I was keeping this one!
- Mary Corbet has posted Part One of a very interesting article on the use of variegated threads. Some great information and it can be found HERE. There will be another article in the series in an upcoming post on her blog.
- THIS rather intrigued me - not that I have any use whatsoever for the technique, but it IS interesting!
- There's a great article HERE that shows eco-dyeing with plants - both the plant itself, and the results.
- Lots of ideas HERE to use charm packs.
- And if you look HERE there are tons of ideas for using jelly rolls in your quilts.
Today's quote is from Tony Gaskins..."To be content doesn't mean you don't desire more, it means you're thankful for what you have and patient for what's to come"