MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, December 17, 2018

Reveal Day!!!

Today is the big reveal day for the Christmas ornament swap that was so beautifully arranged by the lovely Stephanie of 'The Enchanting Rose' .  She is so generous with her time and makes every aspect of the swap fun.  Thank you once again, Stephanie!!

My partner was Marina and she spoiled me absolutely rotten!  Marina and I have a bit of a history with swaps because she was on the receiving end of my package in one of the mug swaps.  Lucky me to be on the same end of one of HER goody-filled parcels!  This is what I received...



A lovely sparkly hand-knitted scarf; monogramed note cards; Christmas socks (I didn't have any, so I was thrilled!); a snowman assortment of note papers with a Christmas pen; a sweet cardinal cross stitch kit to make an ornament for my tree....


.....a wonderfully scented snowman sachet; cardinal hot mat and oven mitt and a nutcracker ornament.  

Thank you Marina!!!  
You know I love everything!

My partner was Kelly and this is what I sent her...



I made her a Santa mug rug; a redwork ornament; and a lace Christmas card...along with some hot chocolate and some tea.  

Thank you once again to Stephanie and to Marina!  My Christmas came early this year!!


Today your quote is from Larry Wilde..."Never worry about the size of your Christmas tree.  In the eyes of children, they are all 30 feet tall"


16 comments:

  1. Great swaps. I like your choices! Merry Christmas to you and family. And your blogreaders, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, sweet friend! I'm so glad you were able to join the swap especially with the scare of the postal service in Canada. And thanks for being willing to send to someone you already knew {{smiles}} I love both packages and both of them were filled with love and beauty.

    Merry Christmas! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat presents! Gift swaps are a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure! I haven't played in too many because of the cost for postage but this one was definitely fun!

      Delete
  4. How fun to send one another oodles of Christmas goodies. A lovely way to welcome the festive season. The pretties you received are fabulous. Those Christmas socks are not only filled with loveliness and fun they will keep you tippy toes warm. Love all the lovely handmade pretties you gifted. Cute Santa mug run and another beautiful handcrafted card by you. The redwork Christmas tree is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a great swap. Such a fun thing to do at Christmas especially.
    Merry Christmas
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you all went all out with your gifts! Wondering what part of the country or world you traded? One thing I love about our blogging world is that it's global. Thanks again for all the links. Always brainstorming provoking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This swap was kept to just the US and Canada and, because of our ongoing postal strike issues here in Canada, Stephanie set it up so we swapped within our own country.

      Delete
  7. Great pressies for you and the person you sent too! Wonderful! Love the socks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I didn't have an opportunity to link up on Stephanie's blog until today. Thank you so much for all the wonderful goodies you sent. I love them all! Marina sent such wonderful things to you also. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wasn't the swap fun!? It was perfect because it was something 'extra' to do for the holidays but didn't take a lot of extra time. I gifted a lot of vintage goodies from my collections. Love all of the things you gave and received. Anyone who would receive one of your stitched creations would be blessed indeed! Have a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun with Christmas gifts!
    And that is a good quote, 'to children they are all 30' tall.'
    'Bless all the dear children in your tender care....'

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely ornament swap. Looks like you both gave from the heart and very generously. Fun links with some great ideas...for next year now. I still always see Christmas Trees as 30’ tall and every one very beautiful. Merry Christmas Dear...xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful swap surprises!! Great links but especially the one from Frugal Woods. I think we all need reminding not to sweat the gift giving. The beaded snowmen is a good idea to do with my granddaughter. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such lovely gifts both received and given.
    You have certainly been blessed, and with many, many fun items, what joy!
    Kelly is my sister in law. :-)
    That embroidered tree is darling!

    Merry Christmas~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a fun swap, both giving and receiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.