Over the weekend I made my first attempt at making lotion bars and after several tries I think I got it. I hope! I bought a lovely new mold that I thought would be perfect....but.....it's hard-sided and not the silicone type I use for making soap. So, I melted the ingredients and poured them in. Waited the appropriate length of time and then....drumroll....could NOT get them out of the mold. Hmmm.....
Aha! Light bulb moment!
What if I put them in the fridge and let them cool a bit? Woo hoo - it worked. But....in all the efforts to remove them earlier they looked like something the cat had chewed. Back to the drawing board....
A re-melt later, along with a cooling period and then a time out in the fridge resulted in lovely little hearts that just popped right out of the mold. Success?
Not so much.
They were just too soft. I couldn't even pick one up without it melting into a puddle of goo. Hmmm....
I am nothing if not stubborn!
Another re-melt and an addition of quite a bit more beeswax resulted in something that I *think* will stand up to use. See?.....
- There's a tutorial HERE to make a man's wallet (Christmas gift, perhaps?)
- If you like to make your own Christmas cards, perhaps some of the ideas found HERE might spark your creativity. I believe you can click on each picture and it will take you to the directions.
- There are some wonderful (and free!) planning pages for December available HERE. Good way to keep yourself on track during this busy time of the year.
- THESE are rather cute cross stitch snowflakes that could have a number of uses.
- The American Quilt Society is beginning their Christmas Quilt Along and you can find details HERE. There are links in their post to the patterns from 2015, 2016 and 2017. LOTS of great ideas!!
- THIS is strictly for Canadians (sorry!), but it's great to know what stores might price match here and help you save a little money! And for something else that might help you save money, how about creating a price book using the tips found HERE.
- There's a pattern HERE for some really cute Christmas ornaments with a bear theme.
- If the Santa in your house likes to include a chocolate bar in the Christmas stockings, how about using THIS free printable to make them look festive? These would also look wonderful as a favor on a Christmas table.
Today your quote is from Lyndon B. Johnson...."Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose"