MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, June 20, 2018

All laid out....

Don't forget, check back here for responses to your comments!

All laid out on our living room floor (for lack of anywhere else that there might be space!)...


This is a project I've been working on sporadically over the past few months and I've finally managed to get a finished flimsy.  It takes awhile to collect up enough action figure t-shirts to make a quilt!!  Our oldest grandson has graduated to a 'big boy bed' so I thought he'd like a 'made-by grandma' quilt.  I'm definitely NOT a sane quilter so there are lots of things I could have done better, but it's made with love and that's what counts I think.  Still have the back to complete and then it's off to the longarm quilter so it will be done in time for Christmas.  

And talking about things made-with-love, how about this...


 Our #2 daughter-in-love created some business cards for me!  They arrived in the mail yesterday and I'm so thrilled!!  Can you see the tiny little magpie she included?  Thank you Winnie! 💖

Another anonymous quote for you..."Never organize what you can discard"  




17 comments:

  1. wonderful quilt Mary Anne....it's vibrant and perfect for a little super hero in the making!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen. Not too sure if a 4 year old will be too thrilled with 'just a quilt' for Christmas - I expect he'd be happier with toys!

      Delete
  2. Those business cards are perfection!! Logan's quilt looks great. We are our own worst critics, aren't we!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They ARE perfect aren't they!! Winnie is a graphic designer so when she offered to create something for me I knew it would be good. As for the quilt - I'm very happy it's done. Working on something that large (even tho' it IS only a twin!) is very hard in my small sewing space.

      Delete
  3. I like your business cards, just right!
    And I think your grandson will love his quilt.
    The pincushion idea would work very well with scraps and ribbon of your choice I'm sure.
    Cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully Logan will like his quilt but at four, who knows. He'd probably rather have a toy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous business cards and fabulous quilt top. Logan will love his bright and colourful quilty hug from his grandma. Action figures.....how fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Action figures and little boys seem to fit together somehow, although at this point I'm not sure he knows who most of them are. Spiderman is still the favourite.

      Delete
  6. Your grandson will love the quilt! The business cards are sharp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirlee - hopefully he likes it. At least it will keep him warm!

      Delete
  7. Wonderful business cards. Love the quilt. The 'big boy' is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the big boy will like it, but I think he would probably prefer a toy at his age. Oh well, at least it will keep him warm!

      Delete
  8. Your new business cards are perfect! The quilt is also going to be well received by your grandson. Congratulations . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel honoured to have such nice business cards - lucky me to have such an amazing daughter-in-love to design them for me! The quilt is at the long-arm quilters as we speak.

      Delete
  9. The quilt will become a beloved treasure, I'm sure :)
    And your new card...wow! Going Uptown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You never can be sure what a little kid will like, but hopefully he will grow into it. As for the card - it pays to have a daughter-in-love that's a graphic designer!

      Delete
  10. I LOVE the quilt, it looks fantastic!
    Perfect business card, she did a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.