I suppose I shouldn't tell you that I have all of these done for my Christmas box for next year....that wouldn't be nice would it? Methinks I can feel the hatred for starting so soon flowing in my direction already! So....I won't tell you that they're for Christmas and just tell you that I finished a whole funch (hah - I was going to type 'bunch' and it came out 'funch'....just as my brain was wondering what you would call a whole lot of mittens. Funch it is!). Wonder if I should submit my new word to Funk & Wagnall's??
Ten for women and six for men
Pattern can be found HERE.
NOTE: I enlarged the pattern to make the mens
- I know lots of people like owls and THESE are pretty cute.
- There has been a resurgence of interest in making the bulky knit sweaters and there's a nice free pattern available (various sizes) HERE.
- Most of you know that I love denim (even though I can't work with it any more), so of course the work of THIS artist caught my eye. Have a look through his gallery!
- If you have children in your life who collect stuffed toys, perhaps making them one of THESE would be a great storage solution.
- THIS bag is a great way to use up yarn scraps!
- If you have a cat (or a kitten) in your life, maybe using up some scrap yarn to make a fun toy from THIS pattern might be fun.
- There are lots of free videos HERE that quilters might find of interest.
Another quote from an anonymous source..."Friendship isn't about who you've known the longest, it's about who walked in to your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it"
LOL. No hatred, only envy and wonder flowing from here! Awesome mittens!ReplyDelete
Thank you for popping in to my blog and leaving a lovely comment. I love your work and find good leads on new stuff from your links. Thanks!
Those owls are so cute. Maybe even I could try and make one. The denim art by Ian Berry was amazing.ReplyDelete
There you go again.....Miss "look what I've made for next Christmas"....though.....your whole funch of mittens are very cool. At this rate you will have everything stitched up for Christmas, by the end of February!! Love that sweet bag knitted from scraps of wool and the denim art is amazing.ReplyDelete
You are awesome to have so many Christmas gifts done already! Thanks for the links.ReplyDelete
I agree...no hatred, just wonder and amazement. You are incredible, my friend!ReplyDelete
Now I'm off to check out the hankies creation...Oh, I do love me some pretty hankies! Hugs!
A murder of crows, a parliament of owls and a funch of gloves. Way to go!ReplyDelete
You are one amazing lady to have created so many mittens in such a short period. Do you crochet or knit them in your sleep? They look fantastic and the patterns too.ReplyDelete
Congratulations on finishing all your mittens!ReplyDelete
The little owls are so cute as is the photo of the black and white kitty sitting in the owl's basket after
kicking them out.
I think the cat is saying, 'No, I'm cute!'
I also saw the adorable little poodles, white, grey and pink.
I got my cute fix.
Whaaaaat??? In return I won't tell you then that I quite like them, they're beautiful ;)ReplyDelete
xx hugs and beautiful day wishes
I am very proud of you for being super prepared for gift giving and that your Christmas box is overflowing! These mittens are amazing and thank you for sharing the tutorial link. Ian’s denim works are truly breathtaking! Lots of great ideas shared here. Lovely quote and I am so glad we share our friendship. Creative Bliss...xoReplyDelete
These are fabulous! Way to be ahead of the game and have so much ready for Christmas already!ReplyDelete