MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Bet you don't know what this is!


Yesterday was a lesson in frustration again with getting onto the internet. I'm pretty sure it's a server problem, but have to wait for my computer guru to come home to do some other fiddling first. So...that's the reason there was no post yesterday. My apologies to my loyal reader(s).

The day wasn't a complete loss though. I started working on my chocolate swap piece. For those of you that don't know I have signed up to take part in an art/recipie card swap with the ArtChix yahoo group. I have to create a choc-themed piece of art in 3"x5" format and include my favourite choc. recipie on the back. I send off 30 copies of my work and receive back 30 different pieces of art (and recipies!). Sounds cool? Well, the picture today is the beginning of my 'art'. I tore pieces of card stock and glued them down haphazardly onto another piece of card. Then I painted the whole thing with acrylics in an ivory colour. After it dried, I brushed on some brown stain and rubbed much of it off to end up with this piece of paper for my background. I don't think the picture does it justice, but I was pretty pleased with the result. I wish my scanner was working so I could show you what I did next. Today I have to get good photocopies of my artistic part and it's ready to put in the mail.

For those who might be interested, this is the recipie I'm putting on the back

HUNGARIAN LAYER CAKE
5 eggs, separated
1 c. icing sugar
1/4 c. cocoa
1 tsp. vanilla
----
Whipped cream
----
1 square unsweetened chocolate
1 T. butter
2 T. boiling water
1/2 c. icing sugar

1. Beat egg whites with a dash of salt until stiff. Mix egg yolks with 1 c. icing sugar, cocoa, and vanilla. Fold chocolate mixture into egg whites. Spread on cookie sheet and back 10-15 mins. at 350. Let cool
2. Cut cooled baked 'cake' into 4 pieces and layer on serving plate with whipped cream between layers.
3. Melt together the unsw. choc. & the butter. Add the boiling water and icing sugar. Drizzle over top of cake.
WARNING: Isn't exactly a thing of beauty to look at, but wait til you taste it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.