MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, March 27, 2006

Magpie's Mumblings

Sunshine and the flowers are growing!

The past couple of days are so much like spring. I can't wait. Anyone who knows me is well aware of the fact that I am NOT a winter person and quite heartily dislike it from beginning to end. I have to admit that I can appreciate a pretty sunny winter day when the snow glitters like diamonds and there's a coating of frost on the trees - provided I'm on the inside looking at it!! Yesterday we had breakfast in our sunroom for the first time this year and this morning there was a huge flock of geese heading northwards. They were very loud and made me wonder why they expend so much energy with their honking when they should be concentrating on the distance they have to fly. Maybe they do that as a form of encouragement to each other. Wonder if that's where the expression 'honking for the road' came from?

We walked around the property yesterday and can see some little green shoots coming up through the ground...most likely tulips. The apple trees are starting to bud too. Hope we get some apples this year! So far we've only managed to have a couple of apples on each tree, which the squirrels have to sample just enough to make them inedible for us. Maybe we'll even have some plums this year too. The seed catalogues are lying all over the house with lots of post-its marking pages we have on our wish list. Hopefully we will have a better season and things will actually germinate, not like last year when most of the seeds Jack planted didn't even come up.

As a further sign of spring, my job this afternoon is to begin recovering the seat cushions for the lawn chairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.