MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

more on feathers - and - Stephen Leacock

I do have odd titles for my posts don't I!!

First of all, most of you will remember my posting the pictures of the beautiful feather painting we bought last weekend.  I finally remembered to dig out the website address for the artist.  You can go HERE to see more of her work, and also there is a much better photo there of the piece we bought.

- - - - - - - - -

This past Sunday we took one of our sanity days and did
some traveling around our beautiful province.
We ended up in Orillia and
were intrigued to see
the downtown filled with
wonderful artistic 'chairs'.
Not quite sure what they 
were about but it seems that
people could vote for their
favourites and that they
would end up being auctioned off.

Here is just one example...


- - - - - - - - -

And finally...I have just discovered a really fun blog and must send you over to see Cy's rock pool in a fish bowl project HERE.  It's stitched and is absolutely wonderful fun!  Be sure you scroll down to see all the details!

3 comments:

Suztats said...

I missed your feather post so I'm off to check out the site.
Cy is a wonderful stitcher, isn't she? Her fish bowl creation reminds me of the 'pebbles' on SF, but hers is more elaborate and realistic. She is also a member of the Tuesday Stitchers.

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

Love that chair. You know we had an empty chair day here in the states too. Ours was political though :-D

karen said...

great chair...were you tempted to buy?