MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, June 29, 2026

Almost, but not quite

 I'm working on a small knitting project that I had hoped would be done in time to show you today, but it's not quite done.
So, just for fun, I had to show you this.  There was a call for help from the RC and I arrived on the scene to discover this...

The Great Exploding Kefir Bottle
We make our own kefir and sometimes you risk an explosive escape from the bottle when you take the lid off.  Such was the case and the RC needed me to get him a bowl to collect the overflow.  Good stuff, obviously!

- The quilters among you might find THIS tool invaluable.

- Be sure to have a look at what THIS amazing artist does (and what he uses for raw materials)

- THIS looks like a fun project that would result in something really pretty.

- Never let it be said that there's not an eclectic element to this blog - go HERE to see what I mean!

- Sometimes it's the little simple things that are the best (see HERE)

Today's quote..."The oldest computer was owned by Adam and Eve.  It was an Apple with very limited memory.  Just 1 byte and everything crashed"




14 comments:

  1. Wow! I was getting ready to run to the fridge to check the bottle of Kefir I bought. 🤣
    May

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think boughten kefir will do what ours does and explode out of the bottle when you remove the lid, so I think you're safe!

      Delete
  2. hmmm ... i think i'll pass on the strawberry stems

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whyever would you pass? I have NO clue (ha ha)

      Delete
  3. Now I need to know what the knitting was about. The artist using computer parts -- I used to make jewelry from bits of computer innards. I don't see them around these days so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll see tomorrow (don't hold your breath over the excitement of it all though). Interesting thought to make jewelry using computer innards.

      Delete
  4. I am leary of kefir-I wanted to like it because I know how good it is for you. But for some reason my old gut didn't take to it very well. I had to stop it. Not sure what went wrong-but now I'm afraid to try it again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't blame you for not wanting to try it again - there are other ways to obtain the same good. I like it with a little bit of flavoured coffee creamer which takes some of the 'tangy' flavour down a notch.

      Delete
  5. Hi MA: Oh my looks like a little mess, not too bad, thank-you for the links, they are always so interesting.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least kefir is easier to clean up than sourdough is - we know that from experience!

      Delete
  6. Anonymous4:34 AM

    Oh wow... I thought it was sourdough to start with... good thing you were there to help rescue the precious kefir! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done that, been there, with sourdough too. Must say I'd rather clean up kefir than sourdough.

      Delete
  7. Oh boy! I had no idea Kefir could do that. Exciting times in the kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That's a bit messy! I haven't made kefir in a long time but now I'm wondering if I still have viable starter in the freezer. I've never (yet) had an explosion, but I make water kefir anyway so it wouldn't make quite so much of a mess. I think.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.