Yes, one does wonder if it ever ends. What, you might ask? Well the seemingly never-ending landscapes I seem to be doing! Resident Chef chose this one for me to play with next...
Another wonderful photo from
and used with his more than kind
And yes, one wonders why this compulsion to make these doesn't come to a screeching halt. I have no use for them. I have no further wall space to hang them. The storage area I have for them is overflowing. My kids are not going to thank me when they end up having to deal with them when I'm gone. Makes one wonder at the sanity of a person who knows they're spending all these hours creating something that is more than likely destined for a landfill. Yeah, it's depressing to contemplate that, but you will notice it's not stopping me from making them!
I noticed several people on the Pincushion Parade were showing their pincushion collections so I thought I'd add a photo of mine for you to see...
The mug, the owl and the one made from the napkin ring on the lower right were all gifts. The one in the middle back I made using a wooden salad bowl and metal napkin rings (the idea was that I would sort my needles according to size/use into each 'petal' of the flower. Ummm - noble thought, that). The one on the back right is a favourite and the one I use every day - knitted by moi. And the square one features a crocheted piece that was made by my grandmother....I made several of those last year for Christmas gifts.
And...Resident Chef was busy in the kitchen over the weekend making amazing Sourdough English Muffins which are NOT good for the results showing up on the weigh scales! But, don't they look good?....
- If you happen to want to make purse or tote bag handles, perhaps you might find THIS tutorial of interest.
- THIS is a cute wee sewing organizer tutorial.
- There's a great article HERE that might help if you're struggling with choosing fabric colors for your quilts.
- Sometimes I come across something that causes an involuntary 'awwww' and THIS is one of those!
- Seeing the prices THIS artist is asking for his work astounds me. I love what he does but I wonder how many he actually sells.
Today's quote is from Kahlil Gibran..."Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart"