A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, August 25, 2014

Something that tugs at the heart strings

Many of you are most likely familiar with the amazing things Vicki Boster of the '2BagsFull' blog has done to make this world a better place.  Things like the 'Pink Scarf Project' for breast cancer awareness and the 'Grow Your Blog' party.  She is definitely one of the most giving people I know and her latest venture is no exception.

Her latest project is called 'Letters From Africa" and I'm asking you to please go and read her heart-wrenching post and seriously consider helping out.  Go HERE to find out more.

I will leave you with the same quote that Vicki used at the beginning of her post, because it truly does say it all.  The author is John Bunyon.... "You have not truly lived until you have done something for someone who can never repay you"


4 comments:

Suztats said...

I follow Vicki, and sure had my heart strings tugged. I am so blessed, and I want to pass some of that to the children. I have a wee blurb on today's blog post, too. If everyone who sees these posts could give a little bit, the lives of these children could be happier and healthier. Bless you for posting this, MA!

Mosaic Magpie said...

Vicki always has her heart focused on others. I keep thinking of those children and all the basic things they need. We are so blessed, it is nice to share with the world. Love the quote!
Deb

Vicki Boster said...

Bless your heart for sharing the needs of these children with your devoted readers. You are so generous to do this-- I'd like to give you a hug:)
Xoxo
Vicki

karen said...

great quote...and moving.