MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, June 26, 2019

An assortment of mumblings today!

Sorry I was MIA on Monday!  We had an overnight visit from our #1 son and his family so I was playing Grandma to a very active (and talkative!) 5-year old.  Great fun, but we were tired when they went home!

While they were here #1 son got us set up with Netflix - or at least tried to.  It was working when he left but of course it wouldn't co-operate later.  I spent most of Tuesday wrestling with all sorts of techno-stuff that is a complete mystery to me, but I think (fingers crossed!!) I finally got it figured out.  In the middle of it all I had to stop and install a new tv remote too - another learning curve!!  AND....to top it all off, my modem decided that it had had enough with all this foolishness and decided that maybe it should decide to die a slow death.  Oh goody - more techno stuff to figure out how to do!!  I await delivery of the next challenge as we speak.

Oh....and just to add more fuel to the fire.....for reasons totally unknown to this writer, my downloaded photos that always show up as icons have suddenly chosen to convert themselves to a series of letters and numbers which makes choosing photos for blog posts a challenge I never wanted to deal with.  One more thing to try to figure out how to fix!  Maybe....just maybe.....the new modem will do the trick?  Not counting on it!!!

And...another little twist - our house phone has suddenly ceased to operate!  Hoping THAT has something to do with the modem as well....but why is the internet working?  Sigh.  I'm SO over this!!

I did manage to add a wee bit more to the current landscape.  So much, in fact, that I'm sure you'll have to look closely to see what I did....but here it is anyway.....



Today's quote is from Anatole France..."One must never lose time in vainly regretting the past or in complaining against the changes which cause us discomfort, for change is the essence of life"

16 comments:

  1. I notice a few more trees in your landscape.Thanks for the links. The paper cutting link is fantastic but not for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - the paper cutting is pretty amazing, but not for me either. I would never have enough patience to even attempt such a thing!

      Delete
  2. What on earth is going on at your place. Have you done something to upset the Techno god?? I am quite certain you will work it all out....eventually. How fun to have the company of your grandson. Did he like his hamper of gorgeous goodies that you created?? I am loving this landscape. The trees and the mountains are fabulous. As for your links....ow wow, the paper cutting is beyond amazing! I cannot imagine cutting all those intricate details. AND....love the pretty darning. Who would've thought darning could be so fun. Hope all your technology begins to behave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does seem like the Techno god is after me....but he's run smack dab into the Techno Goddess so has met his match! (Hah, and if you believe THAT you're a whole lot more gullible than I thought you were!). As of this moment I *think* I've got everything working. Maybe. (oh, and wrong grandson - this was the 5 year old that was here....the goodies are for the almost-three year old that we'll be seeing in September).

      Delete
  3. Goodness Dear you are one brave Techie Superwoman! I would have zero clue or ability...mostly because my engineer (Electrical, Mechanical and Computer Science) Husband takes care of everything...except Blogger and my iPad...Boo Hoo! This landscape is gorgeous already. Those paper artists are amazing. Happy you had your family visit. It was a good tired I am certain. Summer is Heating up here...100F everyday this week. Whew!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep -- I'm thinking about getting a job in the tech field! I'm sure they'd fall all over themselves to hire me, don't you think? Lucky you to have a DH that does all those things - mine has absolutely no clue.

      Delete
  4. Hope you get all that horrid 'tech' stuff sorted out soon! The paper cuts are amazing but I don't think it would be something I would try to attempt..... there would be a scrunched up paper mountain here!!! Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, a scrunched up paper mountain would be here too. Not something I would ever attempt doing, but the end results are certainly fascinating.

      Delete
  5. Love that landscape you're working on, as well as the one in your blog header - amazing work, just amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jillayne - kind words indeed, coming from someone whose work I so much admire!

      Delete
  6. Since I'm working backwards to catch up I already know you've got some techno super powers you've been hiding from us. That first video linked to, though awes me even more. Who knew the super powers of embroidery!?! Mary Anne, you can conquer the word!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooooh boy - now I can conquer the world - scary thought!!

      Delete
  7. I feel your pain on the tech stuff. I've tried replacing the barn cams, then replacing the router, and yet I still have no functioning cameras and a pathetically slow and unreliable internet connection. Unfortunately, I rely on the net for 99% of my human interaction, so this feels like slowly drifting out to sea alone on a raft :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oooh boy - I feel your pain too! Sounds like your situation is way worse than mine though and I wish I could help figure it out, but methinks it would be a lost cause if I got involved. Surely there's a techie you can find in your area that could help you out (probably some 12 year old kid....they seem to have the smarts these days!).

      Delete
  8. how lovely that you had a visit....and 5??? where did those years go?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he's 5 and the little one is about to be 3....they are growing altogether too fast!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.