MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

A photo! Who knew?

Yes, I actually got something done today, believe it or not.  Our little grandson is going to have a new Christmas stocking. 




I thought this quote was rather interesting (it comes from an internal memo at the Western Union, dated 1876)..... "This telephone has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a means of communication.  The device is inherently of no value to us"    Somebody at Western Union certainly had it wrong!!

4 comments:

  1. Christmas morning with little ones....priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Can't live without my phone or I should say Cell Phone. When I forget it, I feel cut off from the world cause you can't find a pay phone anymore.

    Fun stocking.

    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. awww, such a cute stocking for your little man!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how exciting!!! your little grandson will have a wonderful Christmas with his new stocking and I love the telephone quote....if only they knew.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.