MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

A new project


Yesterday I scrounged around in my stash and came up with some fabrics to start creating a new crazy quilt project.  At least I think it will be a project - might turn out to be a dog's breakfast (of the regurgitated sort...lol).  My stash rather lacks in oranges and yellows so it was a challenge.


Once again I'm going off into uncharted territory.  Like I said,  dogs and breakfasts is a definite possibility!  Stay tuned.

 Today your quote is from Abraham Maslow..."In any given moment we have two options:  To step forward into growth or step back into safety"


8 comments:

  1. You know, all your "unchartered territory" pretties always seem to evolve into the most beautiful works of art. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'll be interested to see what you do with these colors that are out of your comfort zone. I am confident that you'll whip them into something wonderful.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the moment, it also looks like it could be turkey feathers. ;^) I'm excited to be getting in on this at the ground floor and will look forward to watching your creation grow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turkey feathers - what a great idea! Afraid I'm going to have to disappoint you though. (replying to your comment here because I can't respond to you directly).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh, I can't wait to see what you create! I agree with Carol, you'll whip them into something wonderful :)

    Happy hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmmm, I'm intrigued - I was sure it was something to do with turkeys too because of the colours. I will wait for breakfast to take shape!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I immediately thought - wow, this lady is getting a head start on Thanksgiving! Definitely has the look of a turkey/fall. I know you'll create something mind-blowing! I love those crocheted hearts - may give those a try. You are responsible for making me really want to cross stitch something again which I haven't done in YEARS although I'm not sure I'd be able to do the 18 and 24 count stitching at my age!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your orange start!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.