MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, April 25, 2017

More seam treatments...





Straight stitches (pink); fly stitches (light green); lazy daisies (darker green); cross stitches (yellow) further 'crossed' with straight stitches (orange).




Half cross stitches (black); woven with metallic thread (pink); and beads or French Knots.


And here's one of the filler sections on Block 6...

Next time I will show you more of the fillers and soon I will be starting into the final block (actually, in 'real time, I'm working on it now, but I'm a bit behind in my sharing with you).  

I also want to show you what arrived at my door yesterday....a box filled with absolutely gorgeous mohair yarn - all the way from Lithuania!  


I have been asked to make several items of baby clothing which our #2 son and daughter-in-love will use as props for their photography business.  This yarn is absolutely luxurious!!  Can't wait to start to play with it!

Today your quote is about knitting and comes from Melanie Falick...."In a ball of yarn is the potential to make a dream that you have come true".



 

7 comments:

  1. More beautiful stitching Mary Anne and have fun with that gorgeous yarn! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's beautiful yarn!! Is there a price difference when ordering from Lithuania? Love the blog cover pic.Wondering with which stitch are those pink roses(?)on right side made of?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet new banner dear. Lovely seam treatments. That mohair yarn looks divine and how fun for you to knit items for their photography business, Happy Knitting...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your seam treatments. Like your new header although I am partial to your last on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely new seams. I look forward to seeing your filler motifs.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, goody good gum drops, the finish is nigh!! Pretty seam treatments!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That yarn must feel so soft. I like using bits of mohair in the Fibre Lace Scarves I make. It makes a great filler. You have been busy stitching up a storm. Thanks for showing the patterns you use.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.