MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, April 24, 2017

Back to crazy quilting

Now I'm going back to showing you what I've done with block 6 of my courtship series of crazy quilt blocks.  Here are several more new seam treatments and how to create them...


This one is done with Chevron Stitch (black); straight stitches (green and pink); and lazy daisies (blue). 





I apologize once again for the horrendous cropping of the images - there is something odd still happening with my computer and the program and it's annoying!!  



Lazy Daisies (orange & green); Cross Stitches (red): French knots or beads; and I created some little ribbon roses.






Straight and cross stitches (red and black); French Knots or beads.

Today the quote is from an anonymous source..."Anyone can make you smile, many people can make you cry, but it takes someone really special to make you smile with tears in your eyes"





7 comments:

  1. Lovely seam treatments Mary Anne and I love your change of blog header photograph too! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each of those lines of stitching is really pretty. I think my favorite is the middle one with the ribbon roses.

    I'm going to be trying to figure out how to make ribbon roses that can be made first and then sewn on to the project in little clusters of three. I have this crazy idea for a project and I'm going to need about 60 of them, if I can get it figured out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful stitches, Mary Ann, a spring garden.
    Great progress and yes to the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty seams. I like how you plan before you stitch! I need to learn that.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those tiny little ribbon roses are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice, Mary Ann, as usual. One of these days . . . I will do a bit of this. Great links too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your sweet header photo!
    Your seam treatments are great, are they stitched in wool?
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.