MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Seems like I'm still seaming

The seams on block four are pretty much complete and I'm starting on the 'filler' areas...

For this seam I used one of Sharon Boggon's plastic templates to draw the half circles onto my fabric (you could also use a button).  Then I used buttonhole to work the circles (black); straight stitches (pink); lazy daisies & straight stitches (green); and French knots (blue).


This is a simple cross stitched heart I used as one of the fillers.  Sorry that I can't share the pattern because it isn't my original design.





Today your quote is from an anonymous source..."You've got to take the good with the bad, smile with the sad, love what you've got, and remember what you had.  Always forgive, but never forget.  Learn from mistakes,  but never regret"


7 comments:

  1. More beautiful stitches.... I love the little cross-stitched heart! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, good morning! Thank you for keeping up your visits to me, and for chipping in with your thoughts - always so lovely to see that you have dropped by. I'm sorry I've not been so regular 'chez vous', just a lot going on and less access to wifi than in Australia!
    Happy Wednesday
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a beautiful blog... I like your ideas and work. Groeten uit Nederland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely seams:) That embroidery booklet idea is very original and handy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. More nice stitching ideas and links. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love seeing your seam treatments broken down into each component. Thank You. The Heart is a perfect filler for these LOVE blocks. The scissor case link is beautiful. Excellent quote and I am amazed at how you constantly find such great quotes. Lovely Weekend to You...<3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.