A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, February 27, 2017

More seams

Over the weekend I got a bit more done on the latest block of the courtship series...



This one is straight stitches and beads (or French knots).



Straight stitches - with lazy daisies for the small leaves.




- THIS is a very beautiful shawl pattern.  English pattern can be found on her blog.

- Found THIS tutorial for how to make a substitute for ironing spray - sounds like it would make great gifts for your quilting friends!

- There's no way I would ever try to make one of THESE, but aren't they cool?  And have a look at some more examples HERE.

Today the quote is from Ernest Hemingway....

Before you act, listen.
Before you react, think.
Before you spend, earn.
Before you criticize, wait.
Before you pray, forgive.
Before you quit, try.





3 comments:

Christine Barnsley said...

Lovely stitches Mary Anne! I love how very simple stitches combine to give such a pretty, sophisticated look... beautiful! Christine x

FlashinScissors said...

Wow, Mary Anne! Love all your block details! I have a tiny project I saturated a little earlier in the year which I might be able to use some of them on! Now I just need to find my cottons!

Your recipes look delicious!

Barbara x


Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Love that first seam. Thanks for today's links.
xx, Carol