A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, February 06, 2017

Block 2 complete



Here is the second block of the courtship series completed...

I think you can click to embiggen the picture

The mumblings of the day...

- I stumbled upon a gorgeous paper-pieced rose pattern HERE.  Not for beginners to tackle perhaps, but it does look incredible.
- And HERE is another paper piecing pattern that would make up into a piece of art.

- THIS one absolutely boggles the mind with the intricate pieces!

- Here is some really helpful information for knitters who are math-challenged (me!!) and have trouble figuring out the mystery pattern instruction that states 'decrease x-# of stitches evenly across row'.  And HERE's another one for how to increase.  The same site has other valuable sources of information for knitters HERE.

- Further on the knitting increase and  decrease subject, there's another handy calculator HERE.    This one is more of a no-brainer and the one I know I will use.

- Many of you know how much I liked creating with recycled denim, so you'll understand why I think THIS is cool!

Today the quote is from an anonymous source...."If you find yourself constantly trying to prove your worth to someone, you have already forgotten your value"





2 comments:

Christine Barnsley said...

Beautiful Mary Anne! I just love it! You are using such pretty colours and the stitches are perfect! Love your saying today! Christine x

Shirlee Fassell said...

Love the seams and the colors. Thanks for the links. I can really use those on knitting!