MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Friday, January 20, 2017

Continuing on


Yesterday I completed three more seams on the first block of my courtship project....

Loose thread - sorry!!



My cropping skills leave a lot to be desired!









And here are the charts...


Just a wee note to tell those of you who are relatively new to my blog - if you want further seam treatment ideas, simply click on the 'seam treatment' label in my sidebar.


Today's quote is from Eleanor Roosevelt....You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face.  You are able to say to yourself, "I lived through this horror.  I can take the next thing that comes along"

Wise words right now.  May we all live through what's to come and look back on it one day being proud that we lived through it.  






8 comments:

  1. The colours you're using are lovely:) Thanks for the charts.

    I've been meaning to ask you about the waste canvas you use. Do you buy it locally or online? I bought some I think at Michaels and I'm not happy with it. I remember once buying it by the yard but I don't have a needle shop close to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work, thanks for sharing, Mary Ann.
    Wasn't it Churchill who said, " We have nothing to fear but fear itself" ? Bravery is choosing to not be overcome by fear. Bravery is choosing to look through the smoke screen of horror and fear. Bravery outlasts both.
    Here's to looking ahead, bravely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the rug!! Amazing but I'm going to need a bigger table in my future lol
    And the biscuit tin idea is so innovative, I'm going to do that for my flavoured teas too - double thank you and the jumper poufe too!
    So much better than trying to knit a pouffe myself although I did buy some huge knitting needles several years ago .... ( never been used of course )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amen to your quote of the day, so very true! Loving your embroidery on courtship project; loving these lovely soft hues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful seam treatments Mary Anne.... you are making great progress on this project and it is looking fabulous! Love the biscuit tin idea.... I have several from Christmas which I could use.... thank you for the links! Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty seams. And loved that poem about the rice bag. Must save that and use it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delightful blog you have. Now that I found you, I don't want to loose you and e-mail is the easiest way for me to get blog updates of blogs I like to visit. Any chance you'd consider adding a gadget (or widget) to allow people to follow you? I'm going to add a link to your blog on my blog, but that's only so I can find you again (when I remember to look - therein lies the problem... my rememberer isn't what I wish it was). Being able to follow you by e-mail will insure I don't miss future posts. I hope you'll consider it... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. not only do we get to see your gorgeous stitching we get to see the charts too. I love the charts, (I love your stitching) but the simplicity of the marks on the charts is very appealing too. And from those simple marks the most intricate and rich embroidery evolves....it's magic....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.