In this photo hopefully you can see what I did to correct that off white 'strip' in the block I showed you yesterday. The fix included removing the off white as well as the row of fabrics directly above. I didn't have enough of either the peach or the purple to replace what I had used before so another delve in my stash yielded these. I like this much better!
You can also see that I have begun work on the block. I began by mounting the image using two rows of blanket stitch. Then I added the vine which ultimately will have flowers but they are large and I will wait until the seams are done to add those.
As you can see I have added two seams and you can see them below...
Awhile ago I did a little series of seam treatments for you to have fun with and I thought perhaps you might like another one....
This one also began with elongated cross stitches (black); fly stitches (red); straight stitches (blue); and more cross stitches (green); with beads to finish.
Now, on to a few mumblings...
- There's an interesting post on the Kreinik site about the uses of blending filament. I have some in my stash and never had much success with it. Now I've read these tips I think I can make it work for me.
- THIS certainly fits into the awwww factor!
- HERE's a super easy and super cute knitted baby hat pattern.
- There's a handy yarn and gauge chart HERE. This would be great to print and keep in your knitting or crocheting bag.
- The other day I gave you a link to some pony tail hats (which seem to be all the rage lately)....found another one HERE.
Today the quote is from Matshona Dhiwayo..."Quiet love is better than loud hate"