Over the weekend I started working on a new project which will be a Christmas present for our newest little grandson. I made a quiet book for our older grandson when he was born and I just *have* to make another one because they're so much fun! Time consuming, but fun.
Here's the first page I did...
This one is fairly simple. I found a little 'person' shape online HERE and created it out of felt. I made a little felt shirt and pants which attach to the person with dome fasteners so they are removable. The page was complete with a little quilt and a pillow.
The tie-up shoes were also created from felt and real shoelaces. I still have to finish the ends of the laces (a quick dip in some clear nail polish should do the trick. Pattern came from HERE.
Over the next while I will share more of the pages as I create them.
Now, on to some mumblings...
- for the awww factor for a baby, how about THIS free knitted sweater?
- Vicki Welsh has posted about how to rescue a quilt after the colours have bled. You can read that HERE.
- Over on SuperMomNoCape there's a set of pretty embroidery patterns for cute angels.
- There are some free Christmas snowflake ornaments HERE.
- There's an interesting article HERE with hints about how to make cutting your quilt patches go much faster.
- HERE's another quick and easy idea for your Christmas giving - great stash buster too!
Today your quote is from Ben Franklin.... "Take one thing with another, and the world is a pretty good sort of a world, and it is our duty to make the best of it, and be thankful"