MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include fabric landscapes and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, August 29, 2016

Grandparenting joy!

One of the joys of being grandparents is that we get to do fun things like take our grandson (and his mommy and daddy!) to the zoo.  Yesterday we did just that, and a great time was had by all. 


Grandpa, Daddy & Logan
feeding the giraffe. 

Mommy and Logan
Very first pony ride!

and, just because of the cuteness factor...


Elmvale Zoo, just outside of Barrie (Ontario, Canada - for those not from the area) is a wonderful little zoo and well worth a visit if you live anywhere close.

Today's quote, very fittingly, is about grandparents and comes from Rudy Giuliani... "What children need most are the essentials that grandparents provide in abundance.  They give unconditional love, kindness, patience, humor, comfort, lessons in life.  And, most importantly, cookies"   (and in case you're wondering, yes, we took cookies....some of the ones you saw in my post a couple days ago).  




12 comments:

  1. What a fun day at the zoo for you all - Grandparents joy with cookies, it doesn't get better than this! Happy days
    Here's to a terrific Tuesday.
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun day!
    Thanks for the great links too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun to enjoy he zoo with three generations. Always special to share with your grands. Cookies? Of Course! Very nice stitches and baskets. Love at the Zoo and the Giraffes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zoos are the best places, aren't they. It looks as if good times had by all. Thank you for the links, Mary Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surprise, yes it's me after a very long time...
    I'm still alive and going strong, I haven't blogged for ages but will try to update soon.
    Looks like you are busy as ever, I loved the rainbow baskets, thanks for that , I gotta try those..
    The zoo looked like fun and I loved the quote, so true.
    See you soon
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's why they call it grandparents-- 'cuz you get to have a grand time! Glad you had a fun day together at the zoo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being a grandmother is the best thing ever :) Thank you for the links. Some very useful CQ ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun! I love giraffes too. Cookies - very important no matter what age you are. We live next door to Grandma and my 21year old son still heads next door for a chat and a plate full of cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I sooo love being a Grandmother "Nani" as I am called :) You have such a lovely family my friend <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Logan is going to break some hearts when he grows up, hes a lovely looking guy already : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lot of fun!
    Sweet memories being made.
    Oh and I forgot to say how great the hanging greens are over the sink!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. you can also pretend he wants to visit the play park so that you can take a turn on everything :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving comments! I appreciate you taking the time out of your busy life to talk to me. It's wonderful to know that someone is actually reading my mumblings and even more fun if I can connect with you and visit your blog.