MAGPIE'S MUMBLINGS

A blog about my interests, which include crazy quilting and various and assorted other artsy pursuits and sometimes known to contain mumblings of a random nature.

Monday, August 01, 2016

A number of mumblings

This morning I have several mumblings that I want to share with you.  I do have a finished project but no photos as yet so I will save that for a later date.

In the meantime...

1.  I wanted to let you know that the latest issue of 'Crazy Quilt Quarterly' is now available!  It's another great issue and for those of you who might be interested I have an article in there about a crazy quilted family tree project I did.  You can click on the cover image below to order your copy (either print or digital...or both) or you can go HERE (or click on the cover image in my sidebar). 


2.  Most of you, I expect, are familiar with the work of Trish Burr but perhaps you aren't aware that she has several free patterns available.  She has just released a wonderful Blue Tit (bird, people...it's a bird!!) and Pansies.  Have a look HERE.  

3.  There's a fun tutorial HERE for a great purse organizer.  Don't know about you, but I hate those purses that I like to call 'Drop and Hunts' (you drop it in and then spend all your time hunting for it).  This might just solve the problem!

4.  If you have a Harry Potter fan in your family, perhaps they might like to have one of THESE.  

5.  If you're looking for a fun project that will add a little bit of 'rustic' to your decor, how about having a go at THIS.  

6.  If you have leftover yarn you don't know what to do with, how about making a flock of THESE?  They'd also be a great craft for teens.

7.  For those of you who live in England, or plan on visiting, and are as in like with denim as I am, you might want to check THIS show out.  Sure wish I could go!!

8.  Last, but by no means least, I want to let you know that Karen Ruane (embroider extraordinaire) has announced her latest online class 'Wrapped and Bound In Stitch' and you can go HERE to find out more information.  It sounds like another great one and I can assure you, from previously having taken part in a few of her classes, that you will have a great deal of fun and learn SO much!!

- - - - Mumblings done - - - -
(for now)


Today your quote is from Kent Nerburn.... "Remember to be gentle with yourself and others.  We are all children of chance and none can say why some fields will blossom while others lay brown beneath the August sun"



9 comments:

Boud said...

Those birds are a must do! Thanks

Wandering Wren said...

Good idea - maybe I can make a flock of Wren's to help me out with life ... I'm busy, busy, busy so I'm sorry for the sporadic visits! Love the quote :)
Have a great week.
Wren x

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Hey!! thanks for the great links. Ordered my issue of the magazine this AM. That purse organizer is so simple. Genius way to use a place mat. Would work as a tool organizer for just about any craft too.
Have a great day.
xx, Carol

Pamela Kellogg said...

Thanks MA! I'm going to check out all of those links! I love Karen R's embroidery so that's at the top of my list.

Baa. xxx said...

Oooh, lots of great mumblings today - especially the flock of birds, the purse organiser, and Trish Burrs embroidery. Thanks

KimM said...

Great links! Thank you for posting.
xxx

Suztats said...

Great mumblings-thanks! Off to check out those links.

Lady of the Manor said...

Thanks for all of the great suggestions, especially the tutorial on the purse organizer. Congratulations on having your article published, too! Zenda

Createology said...

I need to order CQ and read it to go along with my Kathy Shaw Basic Crazy Quilting online class. Love your "Mumblings" you share. I must make that very simple purse organizer. I have several purses that have giant "black holes" that seem to swallow my stuff. Embracing Creative Bliss...